The Annual New Jersey Convening on Diversifying the Teacher Workforce is collaboratively hosted each fall by the NJACTE, the NJDOE, and one of the NJ college/university members of the NJACTE. A planning committee with representation from each host institution selects a theme relevant to the broad topic of the convening and solicits presenters and a keynote speaker. Each convening features a presentation by a representative from the NJDOE to highlight the state’s efforts in diversifying the teaching force. This annual day-long convening aims to be a space where educators throughout the state can come together to share ideas and best practices, but also as an action-oriented platform to generate new ideas and policy initiatives.
- 2022 C.A.R.E.: Community Building and Radical Empathy
- 2021 Diversifying the Teacher Workforce in a Polarized Political Climate: Exploring What Works and Why
- 2020 Leadership for Diversity: Creating Culturally Responsive Recruitment, Instructional Practice, and Retention Strategies
- 2019 Growing and Sustaining Culturally Responsive Educators
- 2018 First Annual Convening on Diversifying the Teacher Workforce